Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Why I started this blog

I have been on Yahoo answers, and posted to what are probably highschool kids. This is great, really, that people want to write. I run across the same questions and problems time and again though, so I thought this might help. I also want to write and thought this might also help me, as I'm not published either.

Since there are plenty of places to edit stories, this blog will try to focus on stuff to do 'behind the scenes'. Stuff to do before you write the story. I've tried to point things out in a story that I see needs work, and people defend the reason it needs to stay the way it is. This is fine if you're happy with the story and nobody said you have to followed my suggestions, but then why did you put it out for peer review? If something's hard to follow because too many viewpoints in a scene, (there should be just one) then it's up to the writer to fix it, it's not up to the reader to understand a more complicated plot. If I can spot that, an editor will too.

I never get writer's block- ever. That's about all the expertise I can claim at the moment. Hoping to be able to share with other newbies to the writing scene so we can encourage and enlighten each other. If you're published we'll hope you can share some tips on that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment